Manchester City defender Kyle Walker has issued an apology after he flouted the coronavirus lockdown by hosting a s€x party at his flat with two escorts.
A report in The Sun has revealed that Walker and a friend had invited the two women to his flat in Cheshire on Tuesday evening.
But earlier that day, Walker had urged his 1.5 million followers on Twitter to observe the coronavirus lockdown rules in place.
Please everyone stay home, look after one another through this difficult time and check in on loved ones but don’t visit them,’ he posted.
Louise McNamara, 21, who claims she left Walker’s apartment at around 2am on Wednesday morning, said she was paid £2,200 in cash.
She told The Sun: ‘I work with an agency in Manchester. I got a message from my boss saying a high-profile client was looking for somebody classy.
‘I got a cab from Manchester to the address and a driver picked me up outside and took me to the gates of his apartment.
‘On the one hand he’s inviting strangers round to his house for s€x, and the next day he’s lecturing everyone on the need to stay safe.
‘He’s a hypocrite and putting people at risk.’
Walker, who has been capped 48 times by England and was expected to be part of Gareth Southgate’s squad for Euro 2020 before it was postponed, has now issued an apology for his actions.
‘I want to take this opportunity to issue a public apology for the choices I made last week,’ Walker said in a statement.
‘I understand that my position as a professional footballer brings the responsibility of being a role model.
‘As such, I want to apologise to my family, friends, football club, supporters and the public for letting them down.
‘There are heroes out there making a vital difference to society at the moment, and I have been keen to help support and highlight their amazing sacrifices and life-saving work over the past week.
‘My actions are in direct contrast to what I should have been doing regarding the lockdown.’
Manchester City said in a statement that they will conduct an internal disciplinary procedure in the coming days.
The club said: ‘We are disappointed to hear the allegations, note Kyle’s swift statement and apology, and will be conducting an internal disciplinary procedure in the coming days.’